Thursday 29 March 2012

Film Noir: Poster Progress


This is a rough poster idea. I like the combination of the colours black white and red - they work well together in my opinion! The black background of course reflects the darkness of the film, and the red shows the danger of our femme fatale. I will do variations of posters and choose the one I like the most to be my final.

I used our original logo at the top to create a recognition factor. I like the simplicity of the poster and the shots are almost criminal snapshots which allow the onlooker to see the action that might entail in the storyline. I used the line from the script that Detective Carter says when he talks about bonnie (scene 3) "She made me weaker than I'd ever imagined" but adapted it to address the audience, and therefore perhaps captivating them.

The 'lustful' word is the only red throughout the whole of the poster. This emphasizes the importance of Bonnie Kensington's role and the power she has. Red is the colour of passion, blood and danger and all of those things connect to the story. They are the semiotics of the colour as many people understand, so they will have the same trigger in their mind for the colour as I have intended them to by using the colour only on the one word.
I would like to make a poster that is a little more aesthetically pleasing and perhaps a little more modern. It would be good however to recreate one like I have seen for Double Indemnity, which highlights the twisted romance in the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment